Completely rebuilt the warp engines, although the back end is still unfinished, I’ll probably throw in some light greeble back there. So these engines being experimental are sort of a merging of both circumferential and linear warp drives. Added a little character to the deflector dish, but it still needs more details. I still have to tear up some more hull plating to give it that under construction look all over but I’m deciding whether to give the secondary hull some more curve.
Worked a little on the impulse engines. At first, I thought about using one of Andrew Probert’s discarded impulse engine designs from the refit from TMP, but as I was working I decided just to take what was done for TMP and dial it back a little so it looks like it’s on its way to being the system we see in TMP but not quite there yet. I also tinkered with the warp engine grills, halved the number so they show up and aren’t just an interference pattern in the renderings.
Changed a bunch of stuff. What I intended to to was cut out some windows but one thing led to another and I never got to windows. But I did rebuild the bridge superstructure to make look like it was being rebuilt. Also scattered around some open spots on the upper side of the primary hull. Changed the main sensor/deflector dish to look more on the road to TMP version. Also rebuilt the hangar doors and worked on the hull around that area. And now Star Wars calls, probably work on some of that for the next post. Anyway, here’s pics…
I was looking this model over the other day and I decided I didn’t like the engines I had come up with for the refit Excalibur. I wanted something that would indicate that this ship was repaired at a time just before the major advances seen in the refit Enterprise. I wanted this model to show upgrades in their early stages that would be fully realized in the Enterprise.